Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Entry 2

August 24, 2011

Today all of us (except Sarah) went to Amish country after an appointment at the bank. First we went to a huge store called Lehman's. They had some beautiful, old fashioned stoves and fridges which I loved.
   Next we went to Yoder's Bargain where I bought name cards for Grace, Melody and myself that had our name meanings on it. Then we wnet to Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen (a restaurant) and filled ourselves with the delicious buffet. The waitresses and waiters were mostly Amish or Mennonite and it was really nice.
   Then we went to Heini's Cheese Factory, learned how they make their cheese there and sampled their scrumptious cheeses. Mmm!

Fifth stop was Johnny and Ella's (Brother Albert's brother) for a chat. The kids took their turns by twos driving a pony cart while the adults talked. It was relaxing for me and wonderful. I love Ella!
  Our visit soon ended and, after a brief stop by a covered bridge, made our last pause at the old Mast house....it was so overgrown with weeds! I remembered, as I stood there, how it used to look and I could hear the voices of the past laughing and talking cheerfully there. I climbed the steps to the barn loft and stood there in the darkness just listening to the creaking of the wood and wanted very much to cry. As much as I loved it there though I'm glad the Mast's have a new, bigger house closer to church where they can make new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment