Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Planes of Fame Museum Grand Canyon, Arizona

On September 18, 2010, my family and I visited the Planes of Fame Museum in Grand Canyon, Arizona. If you haven't been there, it's worth your time to see...if you like planes that is.

The Lockheed C-121A #48-0613 "Bataan" (General MacArthur's plane) and my favorite plane outside the shop
Inside the Navigator's cabin


Boarding the Bataan

Exiting the Bataan

Blue Angels (Their shows are wonderful!)



My favorite plane in the shop

This museum was AWESOME!!!!! It was full of history and the people running it were very helpful and kind. I would go there again! I loved being inside the Bataan and looking at all the places where the General was inside. That plane even had a kitchen! Complete with a toaster, coffee dispenser and stove!


Wow!
Wish I could have flown in it when it was still in service. They run the engines up once a year. Sighhhh...

Well I'll sign off now...

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment